interior colours

Body & metalwork restoration, Exterior trim, Bumpers, Doors, Glazing & Seals. Interior (inc. Instruments & Switches) & Luggage spaces
Glyn Ruck

Re: interior colours

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Hi Alan ~ Huh! Another car with the chrome fingerpull on the glovebox. As I mention elsewhere on this forum (not this thread) yours is exactly as others I've seen. Plain chrome as in the brochure. No black sleeve.

The rest of your car is exactly how I would expect it to be. Hardura felts etc where I would expect them to be and Moquette where I would expect it to be.

Thanks for the photos of your car ~ especially under the parcel shelf. Your car is not all beat up like the original Bloemfontein car I show earlier in the thread. I still have to fit the Hardura felt around the vents to my car & Skinner does not have the patterns. As things stand I will have to cut the Hardura Felt myself.

For clarity Alan's mention of Moquette.

$T2eC16FHJHQFFhs)V1YsBRo8upR68g~~60_57 - Copy.JPG
$T2eC16FHJHQFFhs)V1YsBRo8upR68g~~60_57 - Copy.JPG (83.35 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
jaginterior2copy.jpg
jaginterior2copy.jpg (69.51 KiB) Viewed 1700 times

Half an original column shroud.

DSC_0015 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0015 - Copy.JPG (420.54 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
20170409_190347 - Copy.jpg
20170409_190347 - Copy.jpg (573.87 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
Last edited by Glyn Ruck on Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1965 Jaguar 3.8 S Type, Sync4, OD, PAS, BRG/Biscuit on chrome wires.
http://www.jagstyperegister.com/forum_n ... ?f=3&t=152
A1B56966DN
awiedie

Post by awiedie »

Thanks for the kind words, Glyn. Not too bad for a 38 year old restoration.

Somehow I missed the thread where you show all the progress photos of your car restoration and the final result. Just fabulous! You should be very proud of your hard work. One thing though. Shouldn't those two pull handles on the picnic tray and glovebox lid be running in the same direction instead of being opposed? Ha, just kidding. Some dimwit judge will ask that though you know.
1964 3.8 S Type LHD DG Auto Opalescent Silver Grey over red
1966 E Type FHC Carmen Red over black
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

awiedie wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:35 pm Thanks for the kind words, Glyn. Not too bad for a 38 year old restoration.

Somehow I missed the thread where you show all the progress photos of your car restoration and the final result. Just fabulous! You should be very proud of your hard work. One thing though. Shouldn't those two pull handles on the picnic tray and glovebox lid be running in the same direction instead of being opposed? Ha, just kidding. Some dimwit judge will ask that though you know.

Alan ~ Thanks & your attention to detail is great! ~ I actually mention it in another thread here. Glove Box lid & tray handles are correctly fitted in opposing orientation on RHD cars & aligned orientation on LHD cars. Go figure?? I actually look forward to taking on a few "dimwit" judges. (you know the kind ~ "the popstud on your owner's handbook pouch should be burgundy & not brown" LOL)

See here:

http://www.jagstyperegister.com/forum_n ... 1439#p1439
A1B56966DN
Jose
Global Moderator

Post by Jose »

Red-hardura+yute.jpg
Red-hardura+yute.jpg (147.22 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

The interior materials colour range is large these days ~ even Hardura & Hardura felt.

John Skinner's range. Scroll down.

https://www.john-skinner.co.uk/trim-upholstery-colours/
A1B56966DN
awiedie

Post by awiedie »

Jose,

Where did that plug that is labelled Red-hardura+jute come from in the car? The surface looks pretty hairy to be Hardura. It almost looks like some type of colored jute.
1964 3.8 S Type LHD DG Auto Opalescent Silver Grey over red
1966 E Type FHC Carmen Red over black
Jose
Global Moderator

Post by Jose »

it came from behind the dash by the wiper jets, it was pre-punched for removal but was never removed, they just ran the water hose through one side of it and left the plug in place.

It looks like that in the picture because I took a close-up which exagerates the textures, it is actually red vinyl, Hardura I assume.
Jose
Global Moderator

Post by Jose »

I was organizing parts yesterday and found the yute insulation that I removed from behind the kick panel cards when I installed the Clarion speakers in the kick panel holea.

I had forgotten that one piece of insulation was cut from Yute, and the passenger side insulation was cut from black moquette. Yes Moquette, the same material applied over the under dash shelf in my car but black.

obviously they ran out of yute and used Moquette.

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 314 visits

angelo1952 (1), RollyTG (1), vaultsman (3), User avatar cass3958 (17), Albion (10), jonesdl (3), User avatar Orlando St.R (17), awiedie (31), Jose (53), User avatar Glyn Ruck (169), DevilDog (1), User avatar NigelW (2), johngosnell (6)