DISC TYPE ROAD WHEEL

Jaguar "S"-Type parts wanted
cass3958

Re: DISC TYPE ROAD WHEEL

Post by cass3958 »

As Nigel says I relieved him of his 205/70/15 tyres which I fitted to standard 15 inch Jaguar wire wheels.

No problems with fitting to the front as they just slide on and off but the back they are tight under the wheel arch. Not when on as there is a good two inch gap between the tyre and the arch. It is just when trying to take them on and off you have a slight problem due to the shape of the rear wing and the fact you have to pull the wheel almost off the spline before you can tilt it backwards then with a good wiggle remove it from under the arch. A Steel disc wheel would be easier to remove as you can tilt this back as soon as you remove the wheel nuts.

Anything bigger than a 205 would not fit the rear as it would not clear the gap between the wheel arch and the hub unless you put them on without any air in and then inflated the tyre on the hub.

I have the later Marles Varamatic PAS which is very light even when standing still so having the wider tyres on my car is not a problem.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
1968 S Type 3.4 Auto. Old English White.
1993 Yamaha FJ1200 Yellow
1966 Ford Anglia 1760 cross flow (still being built)
2012 Old English sheep dog. Grey and white.
http://torbayweddingcarclub.co.uk/?page_id=57

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 123 visits

minimeadow (1), Norton (4), Fredomusicman (5), User avatar Glyn Ruck (4), User avatar cass3958 (25), Albion (1), 911kuli (1), DevilDog (34), JacobusBrinker (1), Bondracer7 (4), Jose (14), jonesdl (3), User avatar NigelW (5), User avatar Orlando St.R (2), oldirish33 (2), User avatar Tom Hoffman (4), vaultsman (11), User avatar David Reilly (2)