Rear exhaust system

Parts for sale or trade that will work on the "S"-Type Jaguar.
cass3958

Rear exhaust system

Post by cass3958 »

Picked up a load of spares for the S Type last week and just going through the parts making a list of what is there.

I have a complete rear end exhaust system brand new but old stock for sale. It comes as four parts. Two middle boxes and two rear boxes. They are obviously sided left and right.
Only mild steel but in this day and age will outlive us on our cars. I will split the set should you only need one part but would like to sell the lot as a whole.
Offers around £300. Retail with VAT you are looking at over £500. I have a complete new Stainless system on my car so no need for this even as a spare but someone must need them.
Offered here first and if no takers then they are off to EBay.

In the spares I picked up I have numerous parts (14 large boxes crammed) so if you are searching for something small let me know. Rear lenses, front and rear screen chromes, Overdrive switches, lots of wood, gauges and switches, some new chrome front quarter light surrounds, one "B" pillar chrome brand new, one "A" pillar chrome brand new, a brand new front ash tray, Glove box inserts with blue lights and switches. Parts too numerous to post here so if you want an excel spreadsheet list PM me your email address and I will send you a copy. If you are after a part PM me with your E Mail address and I will have a look and send you a photo of it if I have it.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
1968 S Type 3.4 Auto. Old English White.
1993 Yamaha FJ1200 Yellow
1966 Ford Anglia 1760 cross flow (still being built)
2012 Old English sheep dog. Grey and white.
http://torbayweddingcarclub.co.uk/?page_id=57
NigelW

Re: Rear exhaust system

Post by NigelW »

I'd be interested in your list Rob. PM sent with email address.
1964 Jaguar 3.8 S Type 1B50442BW (since 1976)
2012 VW Up!
2022 VW Multivan (T7 Transporter)
2023 Skoda Karoq
cass3958

Post by cass3958 »

So I have the complete section of the S Type and 420 exhaust system for sale on here and now on Ebay for £350.
A brand new stainless steel system identical to the one I am selling at SNG is £580.
I have priced mine at £350 which I think is reasonable but I get a phone call from a guy in London who would like the system and offers me £200. I decline and say to help a fellow S Type owner I would be willing to come down to £275 including the postage. He states he cannot afford this and will go and buy the SNG one at £580 plus postage in due course???????????
Where is the logic in that other than you get a Stainless Steel version from SNG rather than an Aluminium boxed one from me for less than half the price. Even a mild steel system would last another 50 years with the amount of driving we do with our cars especially keeping out of the rain.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
Orlando St.R
Global Moderator

Post by Orlando St.R »

Don't forget that ebay is full of people whose business is to buy stuff cheaper from you, only to sell it on for the price you were originally asking for it. He probably doesn't have an S-type or any Jaguar. He's just looking to make a margin on your item. I just politely say 'no'.

Do you have the spreadsheet for us yet, Rob?
1965 Jaguar 3.8S RHD DG Auto, Opalescent Maroon/Beige Leather, Varamatic PAS - one-family-owned from new
JCS

Post by JCS »

ROB

Do you happen to have a boot light in your collection?

Norman
cass3958

Post by cass3958 »

Do you have the spreadsheet for us yet, Rob?

I have nearly completed it just have to fill in a couple more part numbers and should have it out by this weekend.

Norman I have a couple of boot lights if you are talking about the Mercury light bulb holder but I have not tested either of them yet to see if they work and if they did I would probably hold on to them as one would go in my car as mine is not working and the second I would keep as a spare as they are so rare. If I find a third I will let you know.

And as for the Guy from London he was given a polite NO. Well I actually told him if he thought the SNG system was better he should go and ask them if they would do a deal and reduce the price of their stainless system down to £200 to suit him. Arse.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
JCS

Post by JCS »

Rob

If you find time could you show a picture of the boot light / mercury assemble.

I have no idea what it looks like as mine is completely missing.

Many thanks

Norman
cass3958

Post by cass3958 »

I have just sent out a spreadsheet with the items I have in my boxes to a couple of members. if anyone else would like a copy before I start putting the items on EBay please send me your email address in a PM. If there is something on the spreadsheet you are interested in I can send you a photo so you know what it is.
I have loads of wood and chrome items plus a lot of original hard to find items in really good condition.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
johngosnell

Post by johngosnell »

close adds
john
cass3958

Post by cass3958 »

JCS wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 am Rob
If you find time could you show a picture of the boot light / mercury assemble.

I have no idea what it looks like as mine is completely missing.
Norman finally got around to taking a photo of one of the mercury boot lights for you. I have three and none of them work. Someone said they had taken one apart and cleaned it up to get it going so I might experiment with the worst one I have and see if I can work out how it works and if I can clean the mercury to make it work. If I do I will report my findings and then see if I can get the others working as well.

One question I have to ask though is the one I have in my boot is sat with the bulb down when the boot is closed and bulb up when the boot is open. This allows the mercury to flow across the bulb holder and create the contact. Mine does not seem to work nor has it since I got the car as the previous owner installed a push button switch to override it. My question is, Is my light set up correctly ? ie as described above or should it be the other way up. I too have no reference as to which way it should face!
Attachments
DSCF3850[1].JPG
DSCF3850[1].JPG (5.27 MiB) Viewed 2014 times
DSCF3849[1].JPG
DSCF3849[1].JPG (5.32 MiB) Viewed 2014 times
DSCF3848.JPG
DSCF3848.JPG (5.36 MiB) Viewed 2014 times
DSCF3847.JPG
DSCF3847.JPG (4.9 MiB) Viewed 2014 times
Last edited by cass3958 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 87 visits

IanMac (1), cemannion (1), MDLV (1), User avatar cass3958 (20), Sam01 (4), RollyTG (3), Jim_R (2), HG_S-type (3), User avatar Tom Hoffman (1), jonesdl (4), JCS (12), User avatar Orlando St.R (17), User avatar Glyn Ruck (2), deelcee (2), brent (2), johngosnell (2), User avatar San Jose Scott (2), Markunderwood (2), Albion (4), User avatar NigelW (2)