Engine bay notice or decal missing.

Modifications, tools, upgrades etc. (that don't fit in the other categories)
cass3958

Re: Engine bay notice or decal missing.

Post by cass3958 »

Glyn Ruck wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:46 am As I pointed out to Dave Reilly earlier in this thread who posted the same contact ~ unfortunately a number of their decals are inaccurate & do not use the correct Lucas fonts ~ e.g. the coil sticker.

EDIT: BTW the coil decal Barratts sent me is also wrong so I will look elsewhere. I show correct ones early in the thread.
Again Glyn most of us are not going to show our cars so the font differences are of no consequence as long as we have a decal sticker where a decal sticker should be. Most of the shows I and other members go to are judged by classic car club members who are just looking to see if the car is well looked after and having decals in the engine bay is a bonus. Most have never seen an S Type as they are so rare at shows. I have polished the brass header on my radiator which should be painted black as standard but my judges and the general public love it as it shows I have put some work in to the engine bay. I just need some decals as I have none at the present moment.
Looking for perfection is not of interest to me and as you have stated many a time there is no definitive S Type and that possibly goes with the decals as well.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
1968 S Type 3.4 Auto. Old English White.
1993 Yamaha FJ1200 Yellow
1966 Ford Anglia 1760 cross flow (still being built)
2012 Old English sheep dog. Grey and white.
http://torbayweddingcarclub.co.uk/?page_id=57
Jose
Global Moderator

Post by Jose »

Cass, I love that polished brass radiator top. Awesome.
cass3958

Post by cass3958 »

Why thank you Jose.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

cass3958 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:47 pm
Glyn Ruck wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:46 am As I pointed out to Dave Reilly earlier in this thread who posted the same contact ~ unfortunately a number of their decals are inaccurate & do not use the correct Lucas fonts ~ e.g. the coil sticker.

EDIT: BTW the coil decal Barratts sent me is also wrong so I will look elsewhere. I show correct ones early in the thread.
Again Glyn most of us are not going to show our cars so the font differences are of no consequence as long as we have a decal sticker where a decal sticker should be. Most of the shows I and other members go to are judged by classic car club members who are just looking to see if the car is well looked after and having decals in the engine bay is a bonus. Most have never seen an S Type as they are so rare at shows. I have polished the brass header on my radiator which should be painted black as standard but my judges and the general public love it as it shows I have put some work in to the engine bay. I just need some decals as I have none at the present moment.
Looking for perfection is not of interest to me and as you have stated many a time there is no definitive S Type and that possibly goes with the decals as well.
Fully understood Rob. I'm just pointing it out for those that are preparing cars that might be judged one day for the sake of completeness. Encouraged by Mr Wiedie who is applying the 30 in yellow crayon to his regulator cover as we speak!

I will always come from the position that if it's worth doing that it's worth doing well.

I don't expect others to follow my ways. It's their car to do with exactly as they wish without influence. :)
1965 Jaguar 3.8 S Type, Sync4, OD, PAS, BRG/Biscuit on chrome wires.
http://www.jagstyperegister.com/forum_n ... ?f=3&t=152
A1B56966DN
cass3958

Post by cass3958 »

And carry on doing that Glyn as there will be others, possibly Joe who is in the middle of his concours restoration, who will want to know about the fonts so he can get his car correct. I am chasing up the decals and there is now a new thread just for them under Miscellaneous where we have found some and their prices.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 611 visits

johngosnell (10), User avatar San Jose Scott (1), User avatar cass3958 (47), User avatar Glyn Ruck (332), Albion (2), User avatar Orlando St.R (26), awiedie (63), jonesdl (21), Jose (102), User avatar Tom Hoffman (3), User avatar David Reilly (4)