STICKY: Welcome

Use this forum for all general discussion issues about the Jaguar "S"-Type automobiles from the 1960's. Post in existing topics or create a new topic to begin a discussion.
Forum rules
Keep discussions civil at all times.
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

STICKY: Welcome

Post by Tom Hoffman »

Welcome to the new INTERNATIONAL JAGUAR "S"-TYPE REGISTER FORUM. The original forum was corrupted and so now is only available as "read only". You can access the old forum by clicking on "ARCHIVED FORUM" on the "Quick links" on the menu bar above.
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
cass3958

Re: Welcome

Post by cass3958 »

Tom a couple of things I have noticed.
First I am unable to send you a PM as according to the notice when I tried I have not contributed enough to the forum to be allowed to do so?
Second we seem to be missing the "UNREAD" button on the front page to show us the topics which have been updated but we have not read.
Lastly are the previous topics we have started and finished on the old forum not going to show on this side of the forum at all? They are a valuable source of information to everyone and I often refer back to them when doing upgrades on my S Type.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
1968 S Type 3.4 Auto. Old English White.
1993 Yamaha FJ1200 Yellow
1966 Ford Anglia 1760 cross flow (still being built)
2012 Old English sheep dog. Grey and white.
http://torbayweddingcarclub.co.uk/?page_id=57
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hoffman »

To see "unread" posts with this forum style you just click on the "Quick links" button up on the menu...a list of options will drop down. I will look into adding a free standing button soon.
The topics from the old forum will not show here, but there is a link above to the old forum, and a link there back to this one. I agree we don't want to lose the waluable information from the original forum.
Finall, I'll look into allowing pm for everyone.

Thanks for the question...they really help me shake down the forum.
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
Horse Power Junkie

Post by Horse Power Junkie »

Thanks for all the work Tom !
1968 Jaguar S type P1B26363BW ; 1972 Maserati Bora ; 1972 Deutz 4006 ; 1973 Land Rover Series 3 ; 1975 Porsche 911 2.7 Carrera Targa ; 2001 Maserati 3200 GT ; 2004 Porsche Cayenne S ; 2015 BMW 530d Daily Driver; 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
Jose
Global Moderator

Post by Jose »

Tom,

there must be a way to migrate the old threads to here?
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hoffman »

No way that I'm aware of Jose. The old forum software and database were restored by the service provider and there is no way of knowing what went wrong. Another restoration by them would have cost me $100 and there is no gaurantee that one would work.

Ive repaired and optimized the old database with no change to the error we were getting. Ive created the new with the latest version of the phpbb software, which is not compatible with the version we were using. The old threads will always be available through the archived forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hoffman »

Just to follow up on the issues of moving data from the old forum to the new I've added some advice from the developers forum:

Re: Database merging help with phpmyadmin

Post by david63 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:15 am

Whilst what you are trying to is not impossible it will be very difficult and you will almost certainly need a script to do it. The problem is that many of the tables are interlinked so you cannot simply copy rows of data from one database to another.
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hoffman »

I've added a couple of new links below the header. The "Unread Posts" is now a standalone link.

Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 30 visits

User avatar Tom Hoffman (9), Harv (1), dennis (1), User avatar cass3958 (3), JCS (1), johngosnell (1), Jose (7), User avatar Orlando St.R (1), jonesdl (1), maurizio ortodossi (1), deelcee (1), nolbry (1), Markunderwood (1), User avatar David Reilly (1)