A great weekend trip

Stories and photo's about "S"-Types you know or own
David Reilly

A great weekend trip

Post by David Reilly »

Last weekend we drove our ‘S-type on a 450-mile round trip, towing our 1928 BSA, to join 235 other British cars at “The Gathering” at Shelton Vineyards in North Carolina.
We have found that the best, most comfortable, speed in this car is at just under 3000 rpm, 75-78 mph. in overdrive. However, on this trip, we cruised at about 2500 rpm, approx. 65 mph. We had a most enjoyable drive and could hardly tell the 'S' was towing a 500-pound trailer and motorcycle.
Our 'S'-type won the 'Jaguar Sedans pre-1968' class and the motorbike was first in the 'British Cars Special Interest' class - and we recommend Shelton Vineyard's wines!
Keep on 'S'-type-ing!
David
Attachments
Leaving for The Gathering
Leaving for The Gathering
Leaving for The Gathering.jpg (688.8 KiB) Viewed 369 times
RollyTG

Re: A great weekend trip

Post by RollyTG »

I am glad it was a good weekend for you. I am hoping to get my S-Type running again next week and my intention is to take it to Greenville for the Great Scot show at Furman University on May 28th.
1965 3.8S Automatic. Light blue, dark blue interior. J65P1B77162BW. Acquired 2019. Being refurbished. Now running and drivable, but not ready for prime time. :D
1974 MGB roadster, Dark garnet.

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 18 visits

deelcee (1), RollyTG (3), Fredomusicman (1), gripper (1), Norton (2), User avatar Orlando St.R (1), User avatar Tom Hoffman (1), Treetrimmer (2), User avatar cass3958 (2), User avatar John Quilter (2), User avatar David Reilly (2)