Air cleaner intake hose bracket and clip

Jaguar "S"-Type parts wanted
Glyn Ruck

Re: Air cleaner intake hose bracket and clip

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Alan & Rob.
It's not a difficult job. All I need to do is release the stabalisers & as Rob says loosen the centre engine mounting bolts and move the engine to level in the bracket slots. Retighten the engine mounting bolts & reset the stabalisers. No big deal. After Rob's ordeal with engine mounts letting go I want to check them anyway & have new spares. I also want to fit the washer plug that Alan kindly found me. It now looks as new. Much TLC

While I have driven her a fair amount, the reason the car is sitting under it's BRG cover is/was:

A) I battled to find someone to value the car for insurance until a friend spoke to the chairman of the Crank Handle Club that (unknown to me) lives over the hill from me & I ended up with their entire judging panel pitching up and giving a valuation, declaring it as the best in the country & giving it a 100> point score in the process once I could show them that I had all the correct decals to attach ~ not yet done. They missed the pipe or didn't care. I think engine compartment, interior & immaculate spray job convinced them. The chrome is also very good thanks to Peter Posniak

&

B) I have been ill for over 2 years with hereditary colon issues (worried I had colon cancer although we have no history in the family) ~ my mom suffered & they removed half of her large colon to cure the droop & it made zero difference ~ fortunately no cancer with her either. I've been colonoscopied & esophagealed with not as much as a polyp found. I am a very controlled Type 2 Diabetic and we have found that the Glucophage XR (Metformin Extended Release) & Galvus that I was taking were causing all the discomfort I was experiencing. Tossed out a whole heap of tablets I was using daily & replaced by 1 Forxiga 10mg tablet per day has solved the problem by at least 80%. I feel like a new man ~ have my mojo back and intend throwing a few more tablets out once things have settled. I feel better by the day as it all gets out of my system. Metformin is a known trouble causer with the gut. That constant pain that wears you down is gone. I'm mountain biking again, walking down to the beach to observe the obvious attractions etc.

Anyway ~ enough of my moans & I can only apologise if I appeared a little grumpy on occasions. I was uncomfortable to say the least. Doctors------.

I'm doing some interior home renovation at present that Covid put an end to. We had just started. Having pictures framed & hung that I've been delaying in the lounge & bedrooms etc. 8 up now. Back to enjoying my music system/home theatre again. New tubes in all the amps and a very precious Sheffield Lab original lacquer sympathetically restored given to my best friend Heinz by Lincoln Mayorga of him & Amanda McBroom doing The Rose & other popular tracks. Heinz died a few years back & Ulli his wife phoned me one day & said that Heinz would have wanted me to have it & couriered it to me in Cape Town. It is beautifully framed & plaqued.

January is back to Jag month & some fun.
1965 Jaguar 3.8 S Type, Sync4, OD, PAS, BRG/Biscuit on chrome wires.
http://www.jagstyperegister.com/forum_n ... ?f=3&t=152
A1B56966DN
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Alan,
Can you confirm that the angle cut on the NOS top hose is correct for S Type.

NOS and original air intake hoses.JPG
NOS and original air intake hoses.JPG (450 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
A1B56966DN
awiedie

Post by awiedie »

Glyn,

That looks exactly like the NOS hose I got from David Reilly. I installed it with the longest end of the cut up to keep the bottom end of the hose as far from the fan belt as possible. Not sure if that's the correct orientation but it made some sense. Sorry, best photo I could get.

Happy to hear you're on the mend and raring to go on all things Jaguar.

Have a nice Thanksgiving to all those out there who celebrate the holiday.
Attachments
IMG_6263.JPG
IMG_6263.JPG (965.21 KiB) Viewed 1157 times
1964 3.8 S Type LHD DG Auto Opalescent Silver Grey over red
1966 E Type FHC Carmen Red over black
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Thank you Alan.
A1B56966DN
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Alan,
Trust you are well. Is there any chance you can give me the measurement of the longest side of that hose? If it is too much trouble don't worry. I had to buy a full metre and they have even cut it a little longer than that.
A1B56966DN
awiedie

Post by awiedie »

Hi Glyn,
Happy New Year. Measuring along the top of the hose where the bend is the tightest, the length is 16" from the tip of the sloped end to the square end on the air cleaner tube. As I said previously, I oriented the hose so the longest section of the cut end is on top and that point projects 2" beyond the edge of the metal clamp. A mock-up before you cut might be a good idea.
1964 3.8 S Type LHD DG Auto Opalescent Silver Grey over red
1966 E Type FHC Carmen Red over black
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Alan,
And a Happy New Year to you too. Thank you so much for taking the trouble. I will take your advice on the mock up! I'm re-carpeting the house at present but I will get there. I'll mount mine as you have unless someone wishes to argue and provide evidence to the contrary,
A1B56966DN

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 307 visits

minimeadow (1), ALOBRY (1), User avatar Orlando St.R (7), LOUPB (1), JacobusBrinker (1), Xroyalnavy (2), philippe (2), User avatar John Quilter (30), Rogerisleofman (22), awiedie (41), Robbo911 (6), User avatar cass3958 (23), Treetrimmer (23), User avatar David Reilly (17), User avatar Glyn Ruck (96), User avatar jaguar&mg (2), Fredomusicman (6), IanMac (3), User avatar Tom Hoffman (1), davinius77 (10), RollyTG (2), jerry_hoback (3), gtimorison (1), Diesel Dan (1), Norton (4), Albion (1)