Recent article about John Quilter

Use this forum for all general discussion issues about the Jaguar "S"-Type automobiles from the 1960's. Post in existing topics or create a new topic to begin a discussion.
Forum rules
Keep discussions civil at all times.
David Reilly

Recent article about John Quilter

Post by David Reilly »

John was one of the earliest members of the International Jaguar ‘S’-type Register, an article on his car, P1B76415DN, appearing in Newsletter Vol. 1, No. 4. John wrote a more detailed story of his white ‘S’-type for Newsletter Vol, 5. No. 3. Being someone who actively uses his classic cars, John wrote stories of driving his ‘S’-type for Newsletters Vol 7, No.1 and Vol. 13, No. 2.
John is very active on the Forum and you will have noticed his list of cars “1965 3.8S MOD, 1990 XJ6, 1960 Morris Minors X2, 1951 MGTD, 1969 Austin America”
I attach an article from the most recent “Moss Motoring’ that tells us more about the man and his cars.
BTW: your Editor knew Al Moss back-in-the-day when racing a Lotus 11 I in California. Al was a real character and hauled stuff all around the track in his MG-TD pickup. Much later, when we were both retired in Arizona, we met several times and liked to play “Do you have this Book on (this car)….’. Al won most makes but I won usually won ‘Jaguar’.
Attachments
Al Moss' MG-TD pickup.jpg
Al Moss' MG-TD pickup.jpg (9.06 KiB) Viewed 472 times
John Quilter page 3.jpg
John Quilter page 3.jpg (2.78 MiB) Viewed 472 times
John Quilter page 2.jpg
John Quilter page 2.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 472 times
John Quilter page 1.jpg
John Quilter page 1.jpg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 472 times

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 21 visits

Fredomusicman (1), Norton (4), Eddielopez! (1), User avatar John Quilter (3), User avatar Orlando St.R (1), User avatar Tom Hoffman (3), User avatar David Reilly (4), User avatar cass3958 (1), philippe (1), Treetrimmer (1), jerry_hoback (1)