DevilDog RIP

Use this forum for all general discussion issues about the Jaguar "S"-Type automobiles from the 1960's. Post in existing topics or create a new topic to begin a discussion.
Forum rules
Keep discussions civil at all times.
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

DevilDog RIP

Post by Tom Hoffman »

I'm sorry to report that we have lost one of our favorite members. DevilDog passed away recently. Below his son describes what happened:

"It is with extreme sadness that I pass on that My Father, Joe Hreha, suffered a massive heart attack on Dec 4th and has passed on. He fought the fight befitting a US Marine, but he was just too sick to overcome his ailments. I plan to complete his project on Miss Kitty as he would have done himself. It will take a little more time but I promise to keep everyone updated on her progress. Thank you all for subscribing to his dream in building this car. It was a passion of his and kept him happy. Please give an extra bit of attention to those you love tonight, cause you never know if they are going to be there tomorrow."
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
jonesdl

Re: DevilDog RIP

Post by jonesdl »

Tom.
I am so sorry to hear this sad news about Joe it's been such a dreadful year with so many friends lost. Joe will be missed on the S Type Register as he brought to it, so many interesting topic's that many visiting or on this site could either comment or follow, I know it's helped me with my restoration.
Please pass mine and all the registers members if not already done our very sincere condolences to his family and look forward to Miss Kitty's completion with interest as a fitting tribute to Joe.
Kind regards
Dave J.
Dave J.
1966 Reg.1965 Built Jaguar S Type 3.8 MOD
2001 BMW 530D M sport touring
2010 Kia Carens L.S (Wife & Grandkids wheels)
2000 BMW R1100s
1971 Norton Commando 750 & 1964 AJS 350 Arter Trials
1959 BSA DBD 34 Clubman x 2
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Oh no! What sad news & he was progressing so well with his passion. Condolences to his family.

Please keep us updated regarding the car. He was so pleasant to discuss matters S Type with.
1965 Jaguar 3.8 S Type, Sync4, OD, PAS, BRG/Biscuit on chrome wires.
http://www.jagstyperegister.com/forum_n ... ?f=3&t=152
A1B56966DN
cass3958

Post by cass3958 »

I am stunned to hear this sad news. It reminds us all of our own mortality.
Such a shame that after all his hard work and all the great "What is this part" quizzes that Joe will not see the fruits of his labour. He possibly could have finished the car if he had not been let down by his first garage. Joe and I exchanged several parts in the post and I have a rear rechromed light plinth on my car courtesy of a swap with Joe which will remind him of me everytime I look at it.
I look forward to seeing miss Kitty completed by his son which will be a fitting tribute to such a gentleman. Any assistance he needs he only has to ask here on the forum.
RIP my friend.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
1968 S Type 3.4 Auto. Old English White.
1993 Yamaha FJ1200 Yellow
1966 Ford Anglia 1760 cross flow (still being built)
2012 Old English sheep dog. Grey and white.
http://torbayweddingcarclub.co.uk/?page_id=57
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Yes, I'm with you Rob. It was almost like doing our own restorations all over again with where all the chrome bits went & many other long discussions on interior etc. both on board & via email for large file exchange. The joy in his voice when Miss Kitty fired up for the first time on his video clip. Big lump in the throat.

Along with you and, no doubt, others I gladly put up my hand to help his son in any way to see the project completed.
1965 Jaguar 3.8 S Type, Sync4, OD, PAS, BRG/Biscuit on chrome wires.
http://www.jagstyperegister.com/forum_n ... ?f=3&t=152
A1B56966DN
John Quilter

Post by John Quilter »

My condolences. I too inherited a white 3.8S that my mother bought in 1966 and my father drove (sparingly) until his death in 2000. Luckily this car did not need to be "built" or restored, having been garaged and well maintained over its decades of family ownership.
1965 3.8S MOD, 1990 XJ6, 1960 Morris Minors X2, 1951 MGTD, 1969 Austin America

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 52 visits

User avatar cass3958 (6), Bingo (1), IanMac (1), HG_S-type (2), Norton (3), User avatar Tom Hoffman (16), User avatar John Quilter (5), jerry_hoback (1), deelcee (1), RollyTG (4), User avatar Orlando St.R (1), Sam01 (1), jonesdl (2), Treetrimmer (2), JCS (3), User avatar Glyn Ruck (3)