Automatic Saftey Switch - Borg Warner

Distributor, coil, Generator, etc. and all electrical issues (including lighting, washers & wipers, & battery charging)
dennis

Automatic Saftey Switch - Borg Warner

Post by dennis »

Hi all,

Once again I am back seeking your help and knowledge,
I have a problem which started with the 'starter push button' not working, - the engine not turning over. Tests have shown that the 'starter solenoid' is working - engine turning over. The W/R wire from the 'starter Push Button' to the 'Starter Solenoid Switch' appears to be disconnected. No continuity shown on my meter. This brings me to my biggest problem I do not understand from the wiring diagram the operation of the 'Auto Trans Switch'. This is is also connected to the 'Starter Push Button', again a R/W wire. A return W/U is shown returning to the 'Starter Solenoid'. I can not see what these two wires do. I am aware that the engine will not start if a gear is engaged but again can not see how this is achieved.
Has anyone had a problem like this ? or can anyone help with how the 'Auto Trans Switch ' works.

Dennis
New Purchase July 2018 1968 S type - rust free ! , but need to restore wood, - old laquer to be stripped and new applied inside, and requires a re-spray.

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 11 visits

member (1), RollyTG (3), User avatar Orlando St.R (1), JCS (1), Treetrimmer (1), User avatar John Quilter (1), User avatar David Reilly (1), User avatar cass3958 (1), dennis (1)