ford zodiac fuel pump

Other Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles of interest to our Members
johngosnell

ford zodiac fuel pump

Post by johngosnell »

I need a crash course on the SU fuel pumps. My son has been given 2 SU pumps and is going to fit one to his strait 6 cylinder engine Ford Zodiac. One is working the other not, how to do you identify a positive or negative earth pump where is the best location for fitting. I know that there is a electronic conversion but that is for later. The identification tags are missing from both pumps, so over to you guys.

Best wishes john

1B1257BW

19772 rover p6
Jose
Global Moderator

Re: ford zodiac fuel pump

Post by Jose »

if the pumps are relatively new, they work in either Positive or Negative ground.

in fact, even the older pumps work either way too, when I converted my '65 to Negative ground, I didn't even touch them.

Cass posted a video in another thread about adjusting the SU pump Points. I have watched it about 20 thousand times and still can't figure them out. Can't help you there.

here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VGQPg15-8E
johngosnell

Re: ford zodiac fuel pump

Post by johngosnell »

Hi Jose thanks or the reply
I have looked at the video that you attached and it will be of help when looking at the unit that is not working at the moment.

Best regards

John
1B1257BW
1972 Rover P6

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 15 visits

Norton (1), Jim_R (1), wouldbeowner (1), JCS (1), User avatar Tom Hoffman (1), Jose (6), User avatar cass3958 (2), johngosnell (2)