David's S-Type and other issues

Use this forum for all general discussion issues about the Jaguar "S"-Type automobiles from the 1960's. Post in existing topics or create a new topic to begin a discussion.
Forum rules
Keep discussions civil at all times.
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

David's S-Type and other issues

Post by Tom Hoffman »

Greetings Everyone,
Just wanted to post this note from David's daughter Lesli. She has some news about the plans for David's car. Hopefully they will find a good home for it.
Additionally, she has inquired about who will maintain the Register in terms of the list of automobiles. Not sure how many more cars are still on the road, as David tracked down a bunch of them. Anyway, it would be great for someone to take on this responsibility. Anyone interested can contact me through the Forum.
Tom

Hi Tom-
we are actually looking into donating the car. It is not something she wants to drive or maintain. Dad would want it to stay in the family, but most of all, he would want it to be enjoyed by as many people as possible. We have had a few inquiries that I think would make a good home for it.

One question I wanted to ask you is is there anyone who will maintain the S registry in the least even if the newsletter will not be published anymore? I have received one new car via email and have just been hanging on to the information.
Best, Lesli
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

Re: David's S-Type and other issues

Post by Tom Hoffman »

I'm happy to report that David's family has decided on what would become of his car. His daughter Lesli reports the following:

Yes, we have decided to donate Dad's S to the Coventry Foundation in Columbia, SC. They started a museum in the British Sports Car Hall of Fame in Petersburg VA that will house cars and memorabilia for education and public enjoyment. We felt the car will get the most exposure and appreciation there. This way it will also stay in a place that we can go visit and we won't lose track of it. Thanks for asking.

Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
cass3958

Post by cass3958 »

Nice touch and I think it would be something David would appreciate and be proud of that his car is now a museum piece admired by many.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
1968 S Type 3.4 Auto. Old English White.
1993 Yamaha FJ1200 Yellow
1966 Ford Anglia 1760 cross flow (still being built)
2012 Old English sheep dog. Grey and white.
http://torbayweddingcarclub.co.uk/?page_id=57
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

A great and sensible gesture. I think David would approve wholeheartedly. I personally feel that the family should have retained ownership of the car however. I don't think CF are as benevolent as they would like one to believe.
1965 Jaguar 3.8 S Type, Sync4, OD, PAS, BRG/Biscuit on chrome wires.
http://www.jagstyperegister.com/forum_n ... ?f=3&t=152
A1B56966DN

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 48 visits

Sam01 (1), RollyTG (3), philippe (1), vaultsman (1), User avatar NigelW (2), User avatar Orlando St.R (1), User avatar Tom Hoffman (12), muzza49 (1), User avatar Glyn Ruck (4), User avatar John Quilter (3), User avatar cass3958 (4), Rogerisleofman (3), minimeadow (4), Treetrimmer (4), Robbo911 (3), HG_S-type (1)