David Reilly's Passing

Use this forum for all general discussion issues about the Jaguar "S"-Type automobiles from the 1960's. Post in existing topics or create a new topic to begin a discussion.
Forum rules
Keep discussions civil at all times.
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

Re: David Reilly's Passing

Post by Tom Hoffman »

I'm a little disappointed that no one has stepped forward to accept the task of taking over the work that David had lined up for posting on the website. By the same token I fully understand any reluctance to commit to something so vague. From what I understand David has a number of folders he had prepared for future posts on the website. His family is willing to send all that information to any member on our site willing to prepare it for posting. Does anyone have recommendation?

Tom
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
cass3958

Post by cass3958 »

Although I am an avid lover and protector of the S Type marque I just don't have the time to take on something like this. I run my own wedding car business as well as training guide dog (seeing eye dog) puppies three days a week and I try and play golf twice a week so just no time to commit to taking this on. Sorry Tom.
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
1968 S Type 3.4 Auto. Old English White.
1993 Yamaha FJ1200 Yellow
1966 Ford Anglia 1760 cross flow (still being built)
2012 Old English sheep dog. Grey and white.
http://torbayweddingcarclub.co.uk/?page_id=57
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hoffman »

Cass, don't give it another thought. Both David and I were long retired. I suspect that the person(s) that take over the website and forum will mostly be there to just keep them running. It shouldn't be too time consuming after these last few posts David had begun to prepare. I know that most of our members lead busy lives.

Thanks for your response.
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Tom
Sadly I find myself in the same position as Cass. I am a Super Moderator & now Ambassador for MBWorld. We are the Jewel in the Internet Brands Automotive crown followed by Audi. I am the reason that Benz allows us to use the WIS & EPC unabridged and anything off of their Star computer system due to my global relationship with Daimler/Benz built over decades.. The load is enormous. I come here for some light relief because I love my S Type.. I'm pretty sure someone will step up to the plate. Having put 20,000 posts into MBWorld I've become the "go to" person & frequently get swamped.. Trust you understand my predicament. To make matters worse I'm also a trustee of our oil company's Pension fund.
1965 Jaguar 3.8 S Type, Sync4, OD, PAS, BRG/Biscuit on chrome wires.
http://www.jagstyperegister.com/forum_n ... ?f=3&t=152
A1B56966DN
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hoffman »

Thanks Glyn,

I fully understand. I think I may have found a volunteer. More later.

Tom
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hoffman »

David"s daughter just sent me this update on his funeral.

Hi Tom-I wanted to let you know, so you could get the word out, that we have decided to record the service rather than do a live stream. The funeral home said they have had some spotty connectivity so rather than have an issue and miss some of the sharing from family and friends, we decided to play it safe. The funeral home will record it and then put it up on Youtube later with a link on Dad's obituary. Le me know if you have any questions and thank you for sharing.
-Lesli
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Sounds most sensible if they know they have streaming drop outs.
A1B56966DN
RollyTG

Post by RollyTG »

OK. That's good. I will be traveling in Belgium or I might have attended personally. Now I can take it in when I return. As a fellow club member of David's I was looking forward to many years of being of S-type enthusiasts in the neighborhood. Sadly this is not to be.
1965 3.8S Automatic. Light blue, dark blue interior. J65P1B77162BW. Acquired 2019. Being refurbished. Now running and drivable, but not ready for prime time. :D
1974 MGB roadster, Dark garnet.
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hoffman »

Please take the opportunity to view the celebration of David's life by his family this past weekend.

https://www.blizzardfuneralhome.com/obi ... vid-Reilly
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Thanks Tom
A1B56966DN

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 148 visits

RollyTG (10), minimeadow (3), Bingo (1), User avatar Orlando St.R (7), Treetrimmer (8), Albion (6), User avatar John Quilter (13), Rogerisleofman (9), User avatar Tom Hoffman (43), User avatar cass3958 (16), User avatar Glyn Ruck (18), Robbo911 (2), HG_S-type (7), User avatar jaguar&mg (3), User avatar NigelW (1), Norton (1)