Headlamp switch gremlins

Distributor, coil, Generator, etc. and all electrical issues (including lighting, washers & wipers, & battery charging)
RollyTG

Headlamp switch gremlins

Post by RollyTG »

I am having weird goings on with my head lights which were operating normally until a few days ago. Firstly, the main lights are always on; I have to remove the fuses or disconnect the battery to make them go off. Prior to that they would come on or go off when the switch was not in the appropriate position. Would I be right in thinking that the 3 position switch internals is the problem? The external wiring all looks good. So, is it difficult to remove it and can the internals be cleaned up/repaired if that is the problem?
1965 3.8S Automatic. Light blue, dark blue interior. J65P1B77162BW. Acquired 2019. Being refurbished. Now running and drivable, but not ready for prime time. :D
1974 MGB roadster, Dark garnet.

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 17 visits

Norton (1), deelcee (1), RollyTG (8), User avatar Tom Hoffman (1), Treetrimmer (1), User avatar John Quilter (1), johngosnell (1), User avatar cass3958 (1), JCS (1), User avatar David Reilly (1)