CROWN WHEEL & PINION 3.07:1 (14/43

Parts for sale or trade that will work on the "S"-Type Jaguar.
JCS

CROWN WHEEL & PINION 3.07:1 (14/43

Post by JCS »

I am just about to advertise a new crown wheel and pinion 3.07:1 ratio. I believe that it is equivalent to part number 8825. It is actually a sort after E Type set. Currently I don't think they are available in UK.

I thought it might interest some one who wants to upgrade a Mk2 or S Type differential, although it is quite a high ratio. Of course if you have an E Type as well as the S Type here is your chance to swap around and sort both cars.

It will not be suitable (without additional spacer/ parts) for upgrading a 3.77:1 differential as the Crown Wheel carrier and bolt set required I believe are different.

In my former life (of retirement) I rebuilt literally hundreds of R-R, Aston and Alvis axles and used gear cutters with the correct Gleason machines. This gear set is one I retained for my use but in the end I have used a 3.3 :1 set in my Jaguar as it has Overdrive.

Asking £550 plus shipping, in UK (no VAT)

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 12 visits

Norton (3), Robbo911 (1), CharlieM3.8S (1), User avatar Orlando St.R (1), Beno-8x57 (1), User avatar cass3958 (1), User avatar Tom Hoffman (1), jonesdl (1), User avatar John Quilter (1), JCS (1)