Rear exhaust system

Parts for sale or trade that will work on the "S"-Type Jaguar.
JCS

Re: Rear exhaust system

Post by JCS »

Rob

Thanks for your effort, I owe you one!

I am surprised, in fact astounded, that these lights do not have any translucent cover. When I have cleared my current list of jobs I will have to sort out the boot light, preferably before Winter. I may just go along by wiring up a quality switch tripped by the boot hinge mechanism. The mercury ones often gave trouble tripping in when the car was on a steep incline.

Norman
cass3958

Post by cass3958 »

The mercury ones often gave trouble tripping in when the car was on a steep incline.

I am intrigued as to how you know the light was coming on in the boot on a steep incline. Did you have someone in the boot just for the purpose of checking for you.
Muffled shout from the boot area. "Norman Its on again. No now its gone back off!"
Rob.C. P1B8973BW
1968 S Type 3.4 Auto. Old English White.
1993 Yamaha FJ1200 Yellow
1966 Ford Anglia 1760 cross flow (still being built)
2012 Old English sheep dog. Grey and white.
http://torbayweddingcarclub.co.uk/?page_id=57
Orlando St.R
Global Moderator

Post by Orlando St.R »

cass3958 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Muffled shout from the boot area. "Norman Its on again. No now its gone back off!"
:lol: :lol:
1965 Jaguar 3.8S RHD DG Auto, Opalescent Maroon/Beige Leather, Varamatic PAS - one-family-owned from new
JCS

Post by JCS »

Rob

The problems I experienced (on R-R/ Bentley) revolved around the light NOT working when the boot lid was opened. Not very convenient on a winters night

The advantage here was that I was not required to be locked in the boot and we used disposable apprentices for such checks when needed ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Norman

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 87 visits

IanMac (1), cemannion (1), MDLV (1), User avatar cass3958 (20), Sam01 (4), RollyTG (3), Jim_R (2), HG_S-type (3), User avatar Tom Hoffman (1), jonesdl (4), JCS (12), User avatar Orlando St.R (17), User avatar Glyn Ruck (2), deelcee (2), brent (2), johngosnell (2), User avatar San Jose Scott (2), Markunderwood (2), Albion (4), User avatar NigelW (2)