EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Use this forum for all general discussion issues about the Jaguar "S"-Type automobiles from the 1960's. Post in existing topics or create a new topic to begin a discussion.
Forum rules
Keep discussions civil at all times.
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Post by Tom Hoffman »

Below are a couple of important statements I want everyone to be aware of. Please read them and give me your feedback if you like.

IMAGE SIZE
After receiving feedback from several members I have decided to eliminate the announcement concerning image size. While the initial purpose for this post was a quite valid concern for users with handheld devices having trouble rendering large files on their screens, several users have pointed out that the requirement to resize images might result in confusion for some members, or even discourage others from posting such images due to the extra time that might be required to downsize a file. I think this is a compelling argument. So for now on there will be no requirement to keep files under 1 MB.

DELETING POSTS
Some issues have arisen recently about discussions going a little off the rails on some topics. Indeed some posts have been deleted due to the perception that members were being overly argumentative, or were attacking others. Going forward any concerns about the propriety of a given post will be forwarded to David or me, and we will make the decision on how to address the post and the member who produced it. However, the forum moderator will still delete posts containing obscenities, racially charged speech, bigotry, etc. as appropriate. As well as posts by spammers.

I hope everyone will remember that this forum has only one rule:

Be respectful and civil in all forum discussions.
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
jonesdl

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Post by jonesdl »

Tom.
Totally agree with both your statements and to be honest I am glad about the image size not being restricted. Not that I would intentionally send something the wrong size, but not being that good at I.T. especially photo's, I would struggle re-sizing etc so would possibly refrain from sending or replying to posts because of this.
Thank you.
Regards
Dave J.
Dave J.
1966 Reg.1965 Built Jaguar S Type 3.8 MOD
2001 BMW 530D M sport touring
2010 Kia Carens L.S (Wife & Grandkids wheels)
2000 BMW R1100s
1971 Norton Commando 750 & 1964 AJS 350 Arter Trials
1959 BSA DBD 34 Clubman x 2
Tom Hoffman
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hoffman »

Thanks for the comment Dave.
Tom Hoffman
Webmaster

#1B53255DN
Glyn Ruck

Post by Glyn Ruck »

Thank you for the pragmatic approach to all of this.

The Register is a wonderful resource that we all want to see thrive.
1965 Jaguar 3.8 S Type, Sync4, OD, PAS, BRG/Biscuit on chrome wires.
http://www.jagstyperegister.com/forum_n ... ?f=3&t=152
A1B56966DN
Orlando St.R
Global Moderator

Post by Orlando St.R »

Thanks, Tom, for that conciliatory and pragmatic approach. It's cheered me up no end. I'm pleased this forum can continue to thrive, which, judging by the number of posts over the last few days, it definitely is!

Thanks again.
1965 Jaguar 3.8S RHD DG Auto, Opalescent Maroon/Beige Leather, Varamatic PAS - one-family-owned from new

Last 100 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 72 visits

Bingo (2), User avatar Orlando St.R (3), Robbo911 (1), Fredomusicman (1), IanMac (1), gerrypopO (1), member (1), Norton (4), User avatar Tom Hoffman (17), no17 (1), RollyTG (1), KeithD (1), Eddielopez! (1), paddyx350 (1), Treetrimmer (1), 911kuli (1), dennis (2), User avatar Norrena (1), HG_S-type (1), brent (1), User avatar San Jose Scott (1), User avatar Glyn Ruck (6), Markunderwood (1), abbirkin (3), Albion (2), Sam01 (2), JCS (2), deelcee (1), User avatar NigelW (1), User avatar cass3958 (5), jonesdl (4), johngosnell (1)